More Information our Texas Camp 2010 Teachers

This year’s Texas Thanksgiving Camp features the well-known Bulgarian-dance teacher Jaap Leegwater and the foremost American-Italian dance-teaching family of Celest DiPietropaolo and Marie DiCocco.

In addition to teaching an array of Balkan dances, Jaap plans to teach the children a dance that they can perform for us on Friday night. Celest and Marie plan to dispel forever the notion that Italian dances = the tarantella.  In fact, although about 20% of the dances they teach are couple dances, the remaining 80% are either line or circle dances, or are made of trios or partners of either gender – think of them as gender-free twosomes, perhaps.

Read the biographies and teaching experience of all these teachers at  www.phantomranch.net/folkdanc/ teachers/leegwater_j.htm and www.italianvillagedance.com.