Dance notes, recipes, menus, and other information is available on the Camp 2017 Resource / Syllabus page
How to get to Camp
TIFD’s annual Texas Camp is at Greene Family Camp at 1192 Smith Lane in Bruceville, Texas. Click here for directions from the Greene Family Camp website.
Most of Greene Family Camp’s cabins have recently undergone renovation. They are heated and air-conditioned, and the bathrooms have showers. Rooms have twin beds in them. For more information on facilities, see GFC’s housing facilities webpage. Private cabins and private rooms carry an additional per-person occupancy charge, see registration form for details.
Things to Bring with You
You should plan to bring most if not all of these with you:
- Sheets, pillow, blankets, towels, etc.
Linens are not provided by GFC.
- Extra sheets to hang as privacy curtains on bunk beds
- Ear plugs
- Paper fan
- Clothing for any conceivable weather (25-85° F, sun/rain/ice)
Texas weather tends to change a lot, and change fast. It’s a good idea to check the forecast when you’re packing.
- Clothes hangers
- Several pairs of comfortable dance shoes with soles of varying degrees of slickness
Depending on weather conditions the floor may be either sticky or slick.
Check out the main Texas Camp page for details on this year’s party themes!
- Extra snacks
Other important Camp rules
- Greene Family Camp is a non-smoking facility
Smoking is prohibited anywhere within the Camp.
- The camp kitchen is off-limits to campers.
There is a refrigerator in the staff lounge where you can store personal food items if needed.
- No pets are allowed anywhere within the Camp at any time.
- A confirmed reservation is required to attend any part of Camp.
No visitors and no drop-ins.